Author Topic: Manga section?...  (Read 2189 times)

Steve

• Deadbeat cartoonist
    • My DA Account
Manga section?...
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »
Duo was working on a section for the Zoids Manga for the original ZE before it went kaput. I think we should have one too. Information on the manga seems to be pretty scarce; not even wikipedia talks about it much.

I just got the NC0 manga and have been itching to ramble on in detail about it, and given its relative obscurity, I think an article about it would be a good addition to ZE. I'd be more than happy to submit one :3

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:06:59 PM by Steve »

Pro-Harry since 2003

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
Re: Manga section?...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
Ahh, yeah, that's another thing I'd like to do seeing as I have all of the CC manga. Plus it would be fun if I could summarize the other parts that Michiro Ueyama has posted on his own website. So that would be cool.  I was writing up some CC manga summaries for zoidsgenesis.com before that flopped, I'll have to see if I still have those.

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
Moved this topic to this forum from feedback... just to add a bit. Along with the manga I'd love to add info about the UK comic as well as Zoids Generations. I guess they all count as illustrated stories. XD I've been poking through the UK comic bit by bit and it's oddly amusing (who can't love KRARK and frolicking whitehead zoids?). Generations I tried poking a bit before, but I didn't get very far. Jin looks cool though with his Rez Wolf. O_O

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email

sammich

• Hetalia Zombie
  • Administrator
  • Vote for Zoids!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:08:37 AM »
Wiki basically says Zoids ZI is a manga done by Yuji Shiozaki during 2002-2003.  And I found to actually be titled: ???????????  which translates as Zoids Planet Zi. 
Here's the Japanese Wiki page for it: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZOIDS%E6%83%91%E6%98%9FZi
Warning: Hetalia Boys' Love fangirl.  Proceed to art gallery with caution.
Drawings on DeviantArt.

Mystickskye

• Come, know me in a different light.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:29:07 AM »
I think Tilly might have these, a rather crazy series based loosely on blox. When I sat based loosely I mean Flyscissors cuts Liger Zero X in half loosely. The English translation is also said to be horrendous XD

If you want Generations info, I can poke my book some more. I'm fairly sure it has ALL of the Generations story contained within.
http://mystickskye.livejournal.com/108869.html
I'm sure you remember xp I won't be able to get scans of it as I don't want to damage the book but my family recently got a canon camera that can take photos up to an 8.1 megapixel resolution so maybe I can get some high res photos of some of the pages....

Mabinogi via Ruairi Server (Lvl/Total Lvl)
Human: Thaurthon 37/672 - Master of: Windmill, Defense
Giant: Valadhiel x/y - Master of: Windmill
Elf: Melcairion x/y - Master of: n/a

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 04:50:41 AM »
Yes, actually, I have all your Generations artbook pictures saved onto my hard drive, because I'm insane like that. :B

I copied all the story summaries that were up on the official website, but didn't get very far translating. If you could share more, that would be awesome. :3

I've got like...

Order: Tale 1 "Attack, Counterattack, Big Departure"

Midori is a Zoid pilot living in Kageri village, she's childish and inexperienced
with her Liger Zero, Souga, whom she lives life together with.  Such to
be, in the village's vacinity is a canyon where Midori and Souga are familiar
with and there they deal with Zoid encounters. Once while she was gone,
the village was attacked! The plan was to have 3 Zoids come out before Midori
returned.  A warning shot was fired to call the hero, Kyanohon abandoned
the enemy side in the counterattack to test Midori; the state of her companion
seemed strange.  They turned out to be expert Zoid pilots and Midori's grandfather
Hakukuu set a meeting to approach the commando unit's member.

Order: Tale 2 "Scout, Encounter, Big Clash"

In a time of attack it's imperative that there are no misunderstandings,
especially while Midori is traveling together with the commando unit.  Jin
is the commanding officer of the commando unit's members, there was also
the juvenile, somewhat pure and indecisive Ken.  As well as the mood maker
Let, and the operator Seki who's also in charge of maintenance.

That's as far as I got. :B

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 12:08:22 AM »
Was doing some research on Ueyama's manga today and found a number of... things. Thought I'd share covers!

First off for Ueyama manga...

?????????Battle story of bio?machine zoids
Beast Machines New Century Zoids
By: ???? (Michiro Ueyama)

1999-12

2000-05

2000-12

2001-04

2002-01

???????? EX
Beast Machines New Century Zoids EX
By: ???? (Michiro Ueyama)

2005-07-30

2006-07-30

Next an old series...

??!!??????
Zoids Corp!! Special Attack Unit
By: ?? ??? (Takao Aoki)

1989-06-25

1989-07-25

Chronologically (after Ueyama's manga) is:

?????????
Zoids Battler Raiga
By: ? ??? (Hiroshi Obi)

2001-05

2001-09

2002-03-28

ZOID??Zi
Zoids Planet Zi
By: ?? ?? (Yuuji Shiozaki)

2002-06-28

2002-12-25

2003-07-28

Descriptions from Chuang Yi Publishing.

ZOIDS Z I#1
Story and Art by Yugi shiozaki
Kugo, ace pilot of Galaxy Quest, detects an unidentified SOS signal during one of his training sessions. Tracing it back to its source, he ventures down to the mysterious Planet Zi and finds himself surrounded by a new metallic species - the Zoids! As if meeting theses "living machines" aren't strange enough, when Kugo later tries to rescue a wild Zoid from certain death, he discovers he is able to pilot it, even when he has no experience in handling one! Did the SOS signal reach Kugo by chance, or is it more than just coincidence?

ZOIDS Z I#2
From Dooms Field to Black Stone, Kugo and his friends have gone in search of Osanzo, affectionately called The Old Man. Ema, the tyrant who wants nothing more than to conquer Planet Zi, tries all means to stop them. The fiercest fight among the Zoids begins here, as Kugo discovers Zoids Blox. When these machines are combined, they can pose to be a powerful formation of monsters! Will Kugo and his gang of buddies be able to defeat Ema? All this and more in this exciting volume!

ZOIDS Z I#3 (End)
It's the final volume!! Kugo and his pals meet up with fierce resistance from Ema, Ingi and their genetically modified zoids. However, with his never-give-up spirit, Kugo conquers one obstacle after another. He finally finds Osanzo and is told how to return to Earth, but...

??!!ZOIDS???
Iron Soul!! Zoids Core Competition
By: ?? ? (Makoto Mizobuchi)

2004-01-28

2004-08-27

2005-04-26

Then after that is when Zoids EX was published.  Only thing I didn't find was the NC/0 manga (also done by Makoto Mizobuchi)... did that ever have a proper Japanese novel release?

I'm really not sure what these series are like, though Tilly's told me the Planet Zi one is pretty weird. I may see if I can get some, or at least I'll do more research.

*EDIT*

Also found this on the Chuang Yi publishing site through archive.org

ZOIDS?????????????TERU
Zoids Battle Card Warrior Commander Teru (Zoids Commander Teru)
By: ?? ? (Makoto Mizobuchi)

2001-02

2002-04-26

ZOIDS COMMANDER TERU#1
Story and Art by Mizobuchi Makoto
Teru is a boy passionate about the Zoids battle card game. Imagine his excitement when Professor Sonada introduces him to the Zoids battle card game simulator, where the card battles take on a realistic, three-dimensional feel! Now, Teru must learn how to lead his virtual Zoids army into battle and face up to his toughest opponents in the quest to become a worthy commander. One thing is for certain though - his Zoids battle card games will never be the same again!

ZOIDS COMMANDER TERU#2  end
Story and Art by Mizobuchi Makoto
The final instalment of this great comic series! The Zoids Battle Grand Prix is here at last, and Teru is as ready as he's ever going to be! Now armed with a powerful Zoids deck, his Trump card - the Arrow Phalanx and experience on his side, Teru must once again square off against his most powerful nemesis in the battle to become number one!! The stakes are high, and only a True Commander will emerge victorious!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:45:15 AM by JammerLea »

Steve

• Deadbeat cartoonist
    • My DA Account
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:10:09 AM »
I bought the NC/0 manga a few months back... it's the english version's cover, but I guess that's better than nothing.

Pro-Harry since 2003

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
Thanks, Steve. I have that book too, but my scanner seems to have issues with scanning printed materials, so that should do nicely.

K-62

• Full time person, weird part time sleeping thing
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 02:07:38 PM »
Where do you buy Zoids manga? I been looking around and all I can find is the CC and GF stuff.

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
The Zoids Chaotic Century manga I bought while it was in stores. The New Century manga I bought on Amazon a couple months ago.

You can find most of the volumes on Amazon and eBay.

If you're looking for some of the more obscure stuff... well, that's trickier. I'm currently trying to purchase one of the series from Amazon Japan through the proxy site Hobby Frontier. I'm not sure what the total cost will be.

Tilly

• Administrator
    • pointytilly.net - zoids!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 11:18:17 AM »
I don't think we can talk about torrenting it here.  Either way, I've yet to find scans for it anywhere.  If I had a scanner I'd almost be tempted to buy the darn thing to do so, considering it's hard to find >_>.  It still might be findable, if you're willing to hunt.
"Now look here, PAL!"
"Yes, mister NTSC?"
"No, I mean...wait, WHAT?"
"WHAT?  That's not a standard, do you mean SECAM?"
"...stop doing that!"

Shameless Plugs: Site - Fic - Art