Author Topic: Domain Expiration Notice  (Read 114 times)

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
Domain Expiration Notice
« on: July 11, 2017, 06:39:55 PM »
I know this forum is pretty much dead now, but in case anyone wanders back here, the ZoidsEvolution.net domain is coming up for renewal on August 24/2017. I unfortunately can no longer afford to keep paying for a domain that I am basically just sitting on, seeing as I have no plans to continue updating the site. So come August, I will probably allow the domain to expire. The site content will still be available at the address http://artsammich.com/zoidsevolution until I decide exactly what I want to do. I would like to pass it along to another Zoids website if they so desire to take over the content.

I still have a love for Zoids and the series will always have a place in my heart, but I just don't have the ability to work on a website dedicated to it anymore, or at least not on this level.

I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone, but I wanted to give at least some sort of warning before the domain expiration comes up.

Steve

• Deadbeat cartoonist
    • My DA Account
Re: Domain Expiration Notice
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »
): An understandable decision, give the state of the fandom, but I'll miss it. I guess the forums are more important than the site itself. Can they be hosted somewhere else?

Pro-Harry since 2003

JammerLea

• Administrator
  • Take two for tea!
    • Zoids Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »
I don't have plans currently to delete the forums. I'm still attached to them too, so I'll have to think about what direction I want to go with that.
It's just that nearly $20 domain name charge. I already dropped one other domain name this year too...

sammich

• Hetalia Zombie
  • Administrator
  • Vote for Zoids!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
I am going through and trying to update domain change info in the database so hopefully it'll be a smooth transition. 
Warning: Hetalia Boys' Love fangirl.  Proceed to art gallery with caution.
Drawings on DeviantArt.

Chibi

• The skies the limit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
Awww this made me tear up a little. I remember coming on here when I was in 10th grade and making new friends through loving Zoids. Zoids had always been a part of my life and will remain that way. I still collect Zoids from time to time since I am currently deep within the Fire Emblem Fandom but Zoids is something that has been with me since I was 7 years old. Now that I am almost 25 years old I've reflected on how much I've loved Zoids for almost two decades.

Thank you, everyone,  here who made this forum active over the years. I will miss everyone.